Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Razorback game & tree decorating!



 For those of you who know me well, know that I decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.  I have done so the past 10 years and this is just my personal tradition.  This year was a little different because Richie worked on Thanksgiving this year (which is why we celebrated with my mom and his family on Wednesday) and I had planned on decorating on Thanksgiving this year since Richie wouldn't be home.  My mom was supposed to watch Brady, but as you can see in the picture above, we got some freezing rain & sleet and mom left early before the bad weather hit.  It dropped 30-40 degrees in a 12 hour time period and this is what happened about mid-morning through mid-afternoon.  I also had planned on going up to the fire department to see Richie and eat with him, but because of the weather I stayed home and ate some leftovers for lunch and a heat up egg mcmuffin for dinner...Not really the Thanksgiving I had planned on...Needless to say, I just wanted to snuggle with Brady all day and I didn't do one bit of decorating!!  Which was fine, because I had planned on doing it on Friday all along anyways...Friday rolled around and Richie was home and I was NOT motivated to decorate!  I was in some sort of FUNK!  I just wanted to hang out with my 2 very special boys! And that was better than anything - but I was disappointed to not have my trees up!!





So, I decorated while we all watched the Razorback game!  And what a game!  We won the battle of the boot and it was a very exciting game - and even more exciting because I got the house decorated!  I didn't do all of my big trees this year, but it still looks good with the 2 big ones and several small ones!  It's sooo much different with a little one in the house!  HA!  Here are my trees below!




Here is the tree in Brady's room - a very specail gift from Susan Parker!  I worked with her at Clear Channel and when Brady was born she gave us this gift - I don't think she knew just how much I decorated for Christmas and how I have to have a tree in every room!!  This was so perfect and looks so cute in his room - he LOVES it!!  Thanks Susan!!


Here is the big tree in the living room - it is silver, green and blue!  It's one of my older ones, but I update it with a few new ornaments each year - the silver ribbon is new this year!


This is the little tree in the living room - this has only Christopher Radko ornaments on them.  I didn't even know what Christopher Radko was until I started working for BMS.  My manager Tina has the most gorgeous tree (it's huge) full of only Christopher Radkos and she gives us these ornaments for Christmas every year.  So, I now have enough to start my own little tree!  They are funky little ornaments and a great conversation piece!


This is my newest tree!!  I've always wanted a white tree and Richie let me get this after Christmas last year on sale and when I was pulling all my Christmas down from the attic it was like Christmas all over again with it b/c I had forgotten that I had it!!!  It is in the kichen and I think it's my favorite this year!  Decorated with silver, black and red it looks great in the kitchen!! :)


This is my oldest tree!  I had this little 3 ft tree when I was in college (10 years ago) and I took the cookie dough ornaments from dad & Ange that they had been collecting for me year after year and started my own little tree.  It is now mine and Richie's tree and Brady has his 1st ornament on it!  It is on the entryway table and probably the most special!  I love this tree b/c it really has a lot of memories!! :)  I hope you enjoy all of my trees as much as I do!  Maybe I'll decorate my other 2 big trees next year and have all 4 put up, but I bet Brady will be old enough then to start getting in to them, so we'll just have to wait and see!  All in all - a great Saturday with the big HOG win and a decorated house!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment