Let me just start this blog by saying that I remember 9/11/01 as if it were yesterday. I was in college, living in Russellville in Woodbrook Apts and I woke up and was getting ready for class and had on the news...It happened live and I think that everyone was in shock. I was in shock and was no where close. I can't imagine what those people and their families went through on that day...I was devastated and that is all we talked about for over a week. I remember thinking back then about all of the firefighters and police officers that lost their lives trying to save those poor people in the twin towers...10 years later, I am now married to a firefighter. I am very proud of him, not only for the man that he is or the work that he does, or the father that he has become - but just his bravery and courage and how he is so very humble about it all. He is so amazing and I am very proud to call him my husband! Love you Richie!
Now, as a Rogers Firefighter and a former Razorback - Richie has to help pull out the American flag before the game at War Memorial in honor of 9/11. Here we are getting ready to go in!
Here Richie is on the field before they have to do their thing. I took Brady down - are they not the 2 most handsome men there? I think so! So proud of my 2 little men! And yes, Brady has a razorback on his cheek and he couldn't be any cuter! Let's see how long that thing stays on his cheek...I have a feeling it will be a couple of days before we can get it off...
During the National Anthem. So proud. There are several other firefighters, police officers and EMTs that were former Razorbacks out there. It was really hard to take pics b/c I was getting a little choked up!
Zooming in on Richie...
The planes that flew overhead after the National Anthem...If you notice in the stands, there are red & white sections - how neat! What a nice tribute to 9/11. For those who lost friends and family members - they will never be forgotten...For those who put their lives on the line - will remain heros forever.
All in all - it was a great day!! And, surprisingly...Brady did AMAZING! I was very proud of him! He had a very full and overwhelming day and was sooooo good! What a great Saturday! Here we are right before we left - Brady was intriqued...It was funny!





No comments:
Post a Comment