Well, we are blessed and lucky to have such great and supportive friends. After finding out the diagnosis on Brady we were in a funk...Very sad, disappointed & not sure where to go from here...Need a school for Brady to start and ASAP - like last week...Need a plan and need to bring my positive motherly spunky self back for my kiddos! Richie wasn't taking the news good at all, and I needed to grab the bull by the horns and take control of the situation and run with it...The good news is that when we are down and depressed, God will find something or someone to bring some sunshine into our lives! Our closest friends knew that we were going to Little Rock and just when we wanted to bury ourselves in sorrow - Carla and Ryan brought the girls up for a visit and while Ryan drove Richie home from the Razorback game, Carla was a great listening ear to me. We laughed, we cried (mainly cried) but I'm so thankful that we have such supportive friends...Didn't really feel like a visit b/c we didn't want to bring them down, but they are SO sweet and insisted on coming up. It was just what we needed! The kids had a great time playing and we really appreciate them both for being there for us. Listening to her perspective (as a teacher) and how good Brady already is, she made me feel even better about how good his outcome looks. I've always been so appreciative of our friends, but it's times like these that all the texts and phone calls and drop in visits (ESP drop in visits that take longer than 45 minutes in the car)...Like their 2 hour drive up, mean SO much to us. We are so lucky to have such supportive family and friends and words just can't express how much we love all the words of encouragment and prayers...They are what is lifting us up at this point!
This past week has been great. After looking at NUMEROUS schools, we wanted to make darn sure that we were getting Brady in the best place for him! Bria was starting Montessori on Monday and we were very excited about that, but knew it wasn't going to be a good fit for him. We looked and looked and looked. Our Speech Therapist suggested The New School and we really didn't think there would be any shot of him getting in there since the waiting list was a mile long. But, same with Montessori and by the most random chance (GOD) Bria got in without waiting more than a month which is unheard of...I decided it was worth a phone call. I couldn't believe what I heard...Just by some craziness there was a part-time spot in the 2 year old class. Which is EXACTLY what we needed. The days worked out perfectly and it was worth going on a tour!!! Brady and I went and we met the teachers - and even more crazy...One of his old assistant teachers from when he started his old school was one of the assistant teachers in this class!!! They have experience with kids like Brady and everything seemed to be falling into place...Could this be happening??? Richie was sad that he didn't get to go on the tour, but as we were pulling out to leave he tried to tighten the valve to the hot water heater and it started pouring water all into our garage. He had to stay and take care of that (and YES, it is always something with us)...But, I had a great feeling when I left there and I seriously felt like God was riding with us in the car and whispering in my ear telling me what a great fit for Brady & he was giving us the answer...After numerous tours and phone calls I just knew that this was going to be the place! We had a full weekend coming with my dad and step mom coming up and Richie working a 48 hour shift...But I just knew that come Monday & Bria starting Montessori it was going to be a great start. Then, with Brady starting on Tuesday - we would really get a good feeling of how things were going to go...Prayers were already being answered and some stress was already being lifted of these shoulders...Richie was feeling better about things and things were looking up!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone






No comments:
Post a Comment