So, Richie and I took a two day trip to Tulsa! We orginally thought we were going to go to Chicago, but after lightening hit the AC/heater in the sunroom & fried it - $1000 later...That Chicago trip turned into Tulsa! It was great! Richie surprised me by booking this Bed & Breakfast called the Kennedy Mansion. It's actually Steven Tyler's old home! How crazy is that??? It was HUGE! And very nice - it even had it's own pool! I was very excited to lay out and read and have a few quiet moments (even if it was 115 degrees) - the people there thought we were NUTS! HA! It was great! Below is a few from us laying out at the pool - so nice! This house is 9,000 sq ft and really neat!
Then, after we relaxed for a bit that afternoon we got ready for dinner - we went to the Melting Pot which is my most favorite place EVER! We haven't been in over 4 years and it was just as fabulous as I remember!
The Cheese dip - YUM!!! You can see we had a hard time eating it - hehehe! YEAH right!
DE-LISH!
The meat...It was our least favorite part of the meal - still good. But we will probably just get cheese and chocolate next time!
The AMAZING dessert!!! I'm pretty sure we left about 10lbs heavier - but TOTALLY worth it! What a nice treat - Richie was SUPER sweet for planning this for me!
What a fun time! I love you Melting Pot - and Richie for making my night!!!
So, the next morning we took a lil jog around the area - here is the Kennedy Mansion from the front - just absolutely gorgeous! It was such a neat home!
A park that was close - we jogged through it...
Tulsa's oldest house - pretty close to where we stayed. Very neat!
And after our jog, we made it back just in time for Johna (the chef and housekeeper there) to fix us breakfast! I had her veggie quiche and Richie had her veggie omelet and we shared fried potatoes! It was just DE-LISH!
After shopping around and hanging out around Tulsa, we went to "Sonoma Bar & Grill" for an afternoon/dinner before heading to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. It reminded us of Napa, CA - but it was decorated really neat and here is one of the walls - all mirrors - too cool! I can't wait to get in our forever home and do some things I've picked up along the way!
Poolside at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino - the DJ was a lot of fun and I even sang with him!
Getting ready to hit the tables! And of course - Wheel of Fortune! It wasn't as good to us as I hoped...But we still had a great time! And, since we really wanted to get some sleep...OF COURSE WE DIDN'T! We were next to drunk people who kept us up until 3:30 AM bc they were so loud! It was miserable! But, all in all it was really nice being able to spend some much needed time together - we had a great time! Thanks to Tom and Barb who were watching the kids for us! We missed them SO much, but it was great to get away from the hustle and bustle of things!



No comments:
Post a Comment