Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Not again........

So, Bria had her 2 week follow up appointment with the ENT last Friday and what did he say??  She needed to get her ears and tubes cleaned out b/c there was hard wax that had formed and the tubes aren't working properly...What did this mean??  She was going to have to have surgery AGAIN...UGH!  NOT AGAIN!!!  So, he scheduled it for 1st thing on Tuesday morning.  It was a nice weekend and Labor Day, but of course this was in the back of everyones mind...SURGERY...AGAIN...And, of course Richie had to work on Labor Day so he had to pay someone to come in early for him so he could get home by 5:30 so I could get ready and get out the door and be to the hospital by 6:15.  He took care of getting Brady ready and getting him to school while we were doing our thing before surgery...
Bria couldn't eat anything after midnight so of course I gave her a bottle at midnight only bc she woke up to a HUGE poop explosion and I thought I would use that time to feed her one last time since it would be awhile.  I woke up to an upset stomach, which I thought was nerves...Got to the hospital and she was still sleeping (thank goodness) and then she woke up SMILING and giggling...Then, I smell it...DISGUSTING!  A MASSIVE POOP EXPLOSION!  It was up to her neck, EVERYWHERE.  Thank goodness I brought a change of clothes...It was awful...I smelled poop the entire time we were there.  Luckily they gave me a sack to put her clothes in, but it was awful...Did we both have a bug???

In her cute lil tiger scrubs getting ready to go back.  She couldn't have been any more perfect!  Last time we were at a different surgery center and it was a bunch of people separated by sheets in pre-op and we had our own room this time and I read, and we just hung out.  She didn't cry or anything!  Then, they came and got her and she wasn't happy being pulled away from me.  Richie calls freaking bc he dropped Brady off at school and he can't find us...He went to the wrong place!!!!!  So, when he got there the surgery was already done and she was back in the room coming off of the anesthesia...Not fun...Lots of crying...That is the worst part...Poor thing!  But, after she had some liquid and a few cheerios we could leave!  My tummy was still messed up and needless to say, we napped ALL afternoon together!  Richie didn't feel so hot either.  We couldn't decide if it was the lack of sleep, stress, or a lil virus...I'm pretty sure Bria and I had the exact same thing...UGH!  As if surgery wasn't bad enough, a stomach bug to top it off!

But, the next day she was perfect and ready to go to school!  Took it like a champ AGAIN!  She is the toughest little thing!  So proud!  They said she had a great 1/2 day (we didn't want her going a full day since she had surgery the day before)...And her appitite was back and she was back to normal!  YAY!

While she was at school, Brady got to try a new gymnastics place with his Daddy and they had a TON of fun!  Long trampolines and foam pits and LOTS to do!  They got chic-fil-a for lunch and had a FABULOUS morning!  I know Richie and Brady really enjoyed their time together!  It's really been good having Brady home on Wednesdays...He gets to have some 1 on 1 time again with Richie 3 times a month and then I get 1 day a month (when Richie works on that Wednesday) and it's good to get some time with him again too!  We are going to take full advantage of getting some time with these kiddos for as long as we can!  I have to come back to work full-time in November and dreading it...UGH...But, I'm going to enjoy it while I can!  So proud of these kiddos!  They are just perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Haven't talked to you in awhile, but just wanted to let you know you have a beautiful little family. I am sure it's been hard with all the sickness your babies have been dealing with, but hang in there. I will be praying for Bria's little ears. Take care!

    ReplyDelete