Well - I haven't been good at taking belly pics along the way, mainly b/c we take pics all the time with Brady...However, I'm going in to have Bria in 3 days from this pic and this is officially week 38 for me! So, I thought I would update everyone on my stats and how I'm feeling...
I haven't been checked in over a week b/c my doctor was in Mexico this week and when she checked me at week 36 I was already dilated inbetween 2-3 and 80% effaced so she really didn't want someone else checking me while she was gone and stirring things up...So, I'm going to assume that there hasn't been any change...However, just in the past 2 days I've had some really weird things. And, this may get graphic for some of you - BEWARE - I've lost my mucus plug...I've had contractions off and on (mainly Braxton Hicks) but still uncomofortable...I've had times of extreme pressure down there and I'm guessing it's just her position b/c after a little while it will go away, however, I feel as if my water will break if I get up. It's WAY uncomfortable...I've had horrible back pain, and some weird pains that have shot up my back and side and a little bit of swelling...However, today is Sunday and so far it's been pretty good. So, I just have to make it through tomorrow and then on Tuesday morning - Bria May Butler will be here at 9:30 if all goes as scheduled! And, Brady will be a BIG BROTHER! He's going to be the best big brother EVER!
38 weeks
Weight gain - 26lbs (1 more pound than with Brady)
Waist circumference - 37in - OMG!
Blood pressure - been great this whole time (typically 106/70)
Cravings - Nothing really inparticular besides CHOCOLATE (what else is new?)
Emotions - Roller coaster
I am VERY excited to meet our new baby girl! However, I'm dreading the whole C-section all over again! Overall, it wasn't a horrible experience before...I'm so type A personality that it was really nice knowing when we were going in and having a baby instead of playing the waiting game like the majority of people. HOWEVER, the recovery is so much longer than having it natural and although it was great having Richie home with me for a whole month with Brady to help take care of us, Brady is now a year old and I'm so SAD that I'm not going to be able to pick him up for a few weeks. Is he going to understand? Is he going to feel neglected? Am I going to recover faster this time or will it be the same? Will my boobs get engorged again? Will I get sick after the surgery again? Will I swell up as bad afterward? I'm just so worried about how things are going to be those first couple of weeks of my recovery that I could cry at the drop of a hat! I'm tearing up at typing this right now...I'm so lucky to have a fabulous husband who is a great father and Brady is the most wonderful little boy one could ever ask for! I know this addition to our family will be amazing but getting there is one rough ride! I will say though, when I did my pre-op appointment on Friday (blood drawn, pee in a cup, pay for hospital stay, etc.) I wasn't nearly as anxious as what I was with Brady. It's like "oh, been there - done that - where do I sign?" and it wasn't as crazy as before...But, now that it's so close LOTS of things are running through my mind! Tuesday is going to be great - we are going to meet little Bria and our lives are going to change AGAIN! For the better! God is great - we are blessed!



No comments:
Post a Comment