Well, I haven't done an update on Brady in quite sometime. I quit doing his "months" and thought I would do a big one for his 2nd birthday...But, I got a few cute pics of the kiddos and I thought it was good timing just to state a couple of things to have to remember when looking back...
Where do I begin? We have been thinking about different things about Brady - things he has been doing for awhile, things he has just picked up & things that he isn't doing yet...So, Richie and I got into a debate...I took him to the doctor just to check his ears and make sure the tubes, etc. looked ok and the doctor and I were having a discussion about how his words aren't SUPER clear like they used to be (post tubes) and I was surprised & a lil disappointed b/c he used to speak words so clearly. She said to give it time b/c when fluid is behind the ear for so long it makes everything sound muffled. She then asked me how many words Brady knew? I told her 40-50 and her comment was "Oh, he is WAY advanced for his age b/c boys develop slower than girls and typically it's after 2 years old that they know that many words and start putting a couple of them together..." So, I'm telling Richie this when we got home and he argues that Brady doesn't know that many words...What do you think I do? Yep, made a list of all the words that he says (that I can think of bc he will read & say words in the books "ding ding ding" but never use them any other time)...So, here goes (sorry Bria, but now I have something to compare you to when you are 21 months old)...These are in no particular order - sippy, Clifford, fish, tire, cookie, star, teeth, ear, lightening (as in Lightening McQueen) blue, shoes, socks, ball, chair, no, sissy, momma, dada, baba, papa, car, moo, neigh, woof, meow, (not including baa b/c I don't think that sound qualifies as a word), elmo, baby, keys, bye bye, tree, ducky, boo, amen, santa, moon, phone, monkey, apple, dog, frog, horray, hot, go, soul, poo poo, pee pee, feet, toe, slide, side (as in outside) ouch, whoa, yum, bite, bubble & uh-oh. Along with all of his numbers 1-10 which technically are words...Did you count them? 65 words in all...Along with knowing his letters of the alphabet and after talking with one of my best friends who is a teacher, she said that kids learn their alphabet first by singing it and then name what they are later...Not Brady! I think the foam stick on the wall of your bathtub letters and numbers have made this boy smart! And yes, I am proud!
Also, the past 2 weeks of school drop off have been without tears! This is a HUGE milestone in our lives! He has been going full-time since February and literally cried everyday at drop off. Big tears making me feel terrible for dropping him off...However, the past 2 weeks have been great - waving and saying bye even! Thank goodness! It took long enough - I sure hope that Bria doesn't go through that...I'm not sure I can take it!
And I said before that they are playing better and better together...YAY! Tonight was way cute b/c it was almost as if they were talking to each other in their own little language. We really can't wait until they can actually PLAY together! Like, not feel like we have to supervise all the time! Counting down the days - it will be here before you know it!
Our big girl - I'm just going to say how adorable I think she is in this denim ruffle butt romper. I think she is super precious! But, since I just updated her 8 month info - I'll just leave it at that...Isn't she just precious? I love these 2 angels! We are so blessed!



No comments:
Post a Comment